This is a 4 hour event and light breakfast snacks provided.
Do you struggle with codependence? Self-compassion? Perfectionism?
Would you like to trust your body and intuition more deeply?
Are your lower three chakras out of balance?
Is it difficult to distinguish between your emotional/spiritual energy and that of others?
If any or all of these are true for you, a Sologamy experience might just put you on a healing path with Self. As the name implies, Sologamy is a marriage to yourself. What it represents, however, is the beginning of a more profound and enduring relationship with the whole of you.
The overarching goal of Sologamy is to enter into a commitment / covenant with yourself—with care and compassion—after exploring your authentic Self…your wants and needs. Sologamy involves embodied learning…examining the conditioned Self, much of which is a survival response. Through the process of Sologamy, you will:
- Explore or re-learn the body’s language to itself, through mindful awareness of the body and guided imagery
- Examine life experiences to discover unmet needs
- Write vows based on this new knowledge
- Participate in a final “ceremony”
Group follow-up sessions via zoom (about an hour each) will be offered to those who are interested, up to 8 sessions total.
What to bring:
The most important priority of this day is YOU. I cannot stress this enough.
For our work leading up to the ceremony, you’ll need:
- An intention of goodwill for yourself
- A sense of humor is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED 🙂
- A journal (or some way to keep track of what you discover)
- Comfortable clothes–we will be doing some very light movement
For the actual ceremony, I encourage you to bring small things that are meaningful to you. Consider:
- Your guest list—photos or tokens of loved ones who would support you on your special day.
- What you will wear—plan this day not to impress or placate anyone else but you. Bring your unique style.
- Your “decor”—small items that represent your core essence.
- A playlist.
- Other items or ideas that would most truly represent and honor your Beloved (i.e., YOU!)
About your facilitator:
Emily De Quattro is a neuro-experiential therapist, having worked in the helping professions for over 15 years. She brings her background in couples’ therapy, Brainspotting, and Internal Family Systems to allow for a powerful experience of connecting to your authentic self.